Policies for our Shinnston WV Lodging
To Make A Reservation
- Although reservations are preferred, with availability, the weary traveler will not be turned away from this Shinnston, WV lodging. Weekends with a Monday Holiday and Labor Day Weekend have a 2-night minimum.
- You can make your reservation online or check availability by clicking the "Book Now" link. If you have questions or prefer to make your reservation by phone, please call on us at 304-592-0177 or toll free at 1-888-592-0177 between 10AM and 8PM or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We gladly accept cash, personal checks, or Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover.
- Gift Certificates: A most thoughtful gift can be given by you with a Gift Certificate designed just for you. Gillum House Bed & Breakfast does not do "boiler-plate" gift certificates. Whether the occasion is a birthday, an anniversary, a thank you or a Just Because I Love You! All Gift Certificates are personalized To: and From:
Policies For Our Bed & Breakfast
- Lost room keys OR room keys that are not returned at check out will be charged $25/key
- Children must bring at least one well-behaved adult as chaperon
- Any additional fees for ancillary items /special requested items (i.e., flowers, chocolates or other) requested during your stay will be charged to your credit card used for your deposit unless you request otherwise at the time of the request.
- Breakfast will be served at the time requested - between 4 A.M. and 10 A.M. please
Cancellation is required at least 48 hours in advance.
This is our livelihood. We have a life outside of this: family, God, community, etc but this is how we put food on the table! For this reason, this business (not a hobby) will charge a full reservation charge plus tax for any cancellation less than 48 hours prior to expected arrival or “No Show”. Reservations requiring use of stable stalls will also be charged stable fees.
Check-In: from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. unless prior arrangements are made.
Check-Out: By 11:00AM
A non-smoking facility (crystal ashtray on porch), the Gillum House Bed & Breakfast offers three (3) second floor guest rooms (one with private en suite bath), each with its own warmth and atmosphere. Luxury robes are found in each closet for the use of our guests.
Children are welcome but must bring at least one adult. Porta-crib and high chair available.
Due to allergies of the host, pets are not accepted.
We look forward to welcoming you to the best lodging in Shinnston, WV!
Environmental Policy of Gillum House
Gillum House Bed & Breakfast, a Shinnston, WV lodging, commits to preventing pollution by using, as much as possible, natural products with little or no packaging, environmentally friendly cleaning supplies, and to create as little waste as possible. We commit to continual improvement to limit waste products as we maintain or exceed regulatory and legal requirements. Should we ever have employees, we commit to training any personnel in these policies and requirements. Your comfort and pleasure of your stay at the Gillum House will be ensured as we also protect those things that make West Virginia so Wild and Wonderful. The Gillum House Bed & Breakfast has been awarded 5 Green Triangles by BestGreenHotels.com.
Bereavement Rate - The Gillum House Bed & Breakfast offers our condolences to those coming to Shinnston for a funeral at Harmer Funeral Home (across the street), Dorsey's Funeral Home (1/2 mile), or Perrine's Funeral Home (1 mile). The bereavement rate of $80 plus tax includes a full complimentary breakfast served at the time requested. (Yes, we do have an iron and ironing board to press your clothing that wrinkled in packing and travel. Just give the innkeeper any clothing that needs pressed - N/C.)
Military, Cops and Firemen with ID - This Granny of a Navy man and Mother of a cop has a special rate for Military, cops, and firemen with ID so if you qualify, ask about it.
Additional specials and packages are available.