Elope in West Virginia
West Virginia Elopement
Every little girl dreams of that “fairy-tale” wedding. Then she grows up. Why not have that dream? We can help you make that happen – stress-free.
The warm and welcoming wedding of your dreams is waiting for you at Gillum House Bed & Breakfast at an honest price you can afford. Take away the stress of an expensive wedding and let Kathleen help you focus your energies on creating a magical day with the memories that last a lifetime. From simple elegance to a historical re-creation, you can have the wedding the memories are made of at a price that you can afford.
Would you like to be married in a 1778 log house? On a scenic rail-trail? We can offer either of these sites for Bride and Groom and no more than 4 witnesses.
Would you like to see one of our Elopement Packages? April 9, 2014 the Charleston Gazette-Mail covered the re-uniting of Carrie and Brannon with the Gillum House Elopement Package. The video is embedded in this. Enjoy!
AND if you want to have an 18th Century themed wedding to match the 1778 log house, we have 18th Century clothing available as an add-on. (Psst – the bride can choose between the mob cap or a bonnet, decent women in the 18th century kept their heads and their elbows covered!)
- Bride’s bouquet and Groom’s boutonniere
- Methodist Minister to perform ceremony
- Video the wedding
- 2 DVDs of the video
- Still photos
- A CD of all photos
- Small wedding cake with topper
- WV Sparkling Cider and goblets for toast
- 1 night with breakfast at Gillum House (per availability)
What do YOU have to do?
- Reserve YOUR date at least 7 days in advance
- Get your marriage license
- At your County Courthouse if a WV resident
- At any WV Courthouse if a non-resident
- Note: Same-day license if Monday thru Friday
- Arrive at Gillum House Bed & Breakfast
Cost is $750 + 6% WV sales tax a 25% non-refundable deposit is required when making the reservation
(IF booking online, please click Elopement in Packages for correct rate.)